Grant Writing Officer – Volunteer position
Today, Parya Trillium Foundation is a dynamic and vibrant community centre with a large, multi-purpose facility where we are currently running a number of programs and services for the Farsi-speaking and also community at large. Our dedicated staff and enthusiastic volunteers are striving to ensure that we meet needs of the community and fulfil the visions of our founders. At Parya, we are committed to empowering the Iranian-Canadian community and to ensuring that all Iranians in the GTA feel they have somewhere to go to access excellent services, to interact with their peers and ultimately become good and active citizens in their new home.
Parya Trillium Foundation is seeking a volunteer grant writer to support the growth of organization and expansion of programs. Reporting to the president, grant writer is responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to search, research, prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and government funders.
This is part time depending when funds are available and all work can be done remotely or in office.
- Search and locate available funds
- Understand and study previous proposals both approved and rejected
- Study RFP guidelines, prepare an application and submit
- Financial information gathering
- Keep record of grants submitted both hard copy and soft copy
- Be able to meet multiple deadlines
- Significant professional experience in grant writing. Three or more years preferred
- Combination of education and experience in grant writing
- Highly developed project management skills, including a proven ability to manage time, handle pressure, and meet deadlines/goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proper knowledge of grammar to produce effective grant proposals
- Candidate shall possess computer skills and hands-on experience with Microsoft Office
- Excellent and experienced in grant research
- Ability to understand the programs, projects, and gaps in the organizational needs
- Self-driven, pro-active, ability to work effectively and independently
- Experienced in handling highly confidential matters with discretion
- Responsible, organized and provides attention to details